Underwriting Assistant (Underwriting Specialist l)
Job Posting: Aon
Req# 2466742- https://unitedstates-aon.icims.com/jobs/33256/underwriting-specialist-i/job?mode=view&mobile=false&width=823&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-300&jun1offset=-240
Aon Is Looking For An Underwriting Assistant (Underwriting Specialist l).
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our K&K business group within Aon Affinity, in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
Your impact as an Underwriting Assistant (Underwriting Specialist l)
• Work within a team environment supporting Underwriters on specialized insurance programs
• Process renewal and new business accounts assigned to the Underwriting Specialist and their assigned Underwriters
• Communicate with Insured’s during customer service duties and activities
• Process binders, certificates, invoices and endorsement changes
• File Setup and preparation of policy issuance instructions
• Learn the team program(s) so that new business submissions can be qualified for acceptance or declination
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
• Minimum 2 – 4 years working in a commercial underwriting Property and Casualty insurance operation desired
• Active Property and Casualty Indiana Insurance license; OR will be required to take the licensing test and obtain the license within the first 6 months of employment.
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Outstanding organizational skills and time management capabilities
• Work cohesively in a team environment and follow direction well
• Computer skills to include Microsoft Word and Excel, Outlook and other company proprietary computer programs
• Understanding of Property and Casualty insurance coverages highly desired
• High School diploma, required.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.