Agency Compliance Seminar
Agency Compliance: Indiana New Laws, Regulations & Case Law (Formerly Titled "New Laws")
The Agency Compliance seminars are now available to members only. Remember, this is information your agency needs, and it’s straight from the Big “I” team that advocates for you daily!
We understand how difficult it can be to make sure your agency is operating in compliance with all new laws, regulations & rules in our industry. As an exclusive member benefit, the Big “I” is offering Agency Compliance (New Laws) classes in six locations throughout Indiana beginning in June.
These courses, led by the Independent Insurance Agents of Indiana’s own experts, Steve Duff and Rick Pitts, will cover case law, regulation changes, new laws, as well as legislation that is expected to be addressed in the 2015 session.
Together Pitts and Duff have a wealth of first-hand knowledge, and experience translating what these changes mean to your agency. They will be able to answer questions and address specific concerns for Indiana agents. All this exclusive knowledge and you can earn four CE credit hours! We hope your agency will be represented and will take advantage of this great member benefit annually.
IIAI General Counsel
IIAI Vice President
of Government Affairs
Some of the Topics:
- Enhancements to Indiana’s uninsured driver law
- Updates to workers’ compensation law
- A new law clarifying how agents and carriers can
deliver insurance documents electronically, including hold harmless
provisions for agents
- An update on flood insurance changes
- Retirement and succession planning
- An overview of new ethics requirements for life/health agent license holders
- A review of current cases impacting agents
- An update on environmental liability issues in Indiana